Monday 9 November 2015

November's Crafty What Nots box

November, so nearly Christmas!! Last year my November Crafty What Nots box was very Christmassy but I didn't want to do that this year, especially as I will be designing Christmas eve crafty boxes as well as the normal monthly one!
This months theme was 'Look Who's Chalking!'  I bought these beautiful papers called chalkboard by craftworks, they were so colourful and loved the chalk theme so they inspired the box name this time.




I must admit though that once it came to designing I hit a bit of a wall!  (this does happen, usually monthly as I have to try to create new and unusual tutorials)  Often I get way to excited about the papers and don't always think what I am going to do with them until I am nearing the end of the month (something I am trying to rectify!)

This month there were three tutorials in the end.  The main one I wanted to do was some chalkboard lettering, Chalks can be so messy though so I included a white pen which works amazingly well on black paper.  Here is the finished result


The other two tutorials were for cards this month.  I barely ever do card tutorials!

One is an easel card and the other a more literal take on an easel card!


The free gift this month was a handmade chalkboard heart.


As you can see it was quite a full box again, I even had to stop myself adding more and more things!


Well I am off once more to join in with Handmade Monday and Creative Monday so do pop by and say hi!  Then it's head down to plan the next box!!

Have a lovely week xx




2 comments:

  1. Oooh i love the idea of a chalk board theme! Those papers are fab :) x

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Chalkboard letting is fab and I love the white pen on black, I agree, real chalk is so messy.

    ReplyDelete