Wednesday 25 February 2015

Whatever Wednesday ~ Knowlton Church and Earthworks

I have set myself a little challenge.... not sure how long it would last! I often have something totally random and not necessarily crafty related so my crafty friend and I came up with 'Whatever Wednesday!'  A post that will be about whatever happens to come to mind on the day!

I live in such a beautiful part of the world, I love the mixture of countryside and stunning sea views.

This week I want to share with you some photos of a mini adventure we had at the weekend.  Near the little village of Cranbourne in East Dorset is the wonderful location of Knowlton Church.


Here are what remains of the Norman Knowlton Church.  The 14th century church was built inside a late Neolithic Henge monument which was constructed c2500 BC.  The earthworks are a wonderful set of ramparts surrounding the church.  


 We started by walking around the ramparts, the views were stunning as the monument is so high up.


Here is a close up of the ruins.  We spent ages playing hide and seek around the ruin.



This tower is very high, especially to a little person! 


If you visit this monument then there is easy parking for a few cars and if you are after some refreshments then we found the local garden centre in  Cranbourne was a wonderful rest with a fantastic little cafe!


The garden centre itself has just found itself in new hands and is is so charming.  With plenty of parking, good toilets (always a must) and lets not forget the plants and gifts!  A great finish to the day.

I wonder whether to add a linky to my Whatever Wednesdays, would anyone else like to share their blogs?  It doesn't have to be a Wednesday post, but it does have to be whatever you fancy!

xxx


1 comment:

  1. Looks like your little person found the large plant pot interesting :) I like the idea of linking up on a Wednesday but wonder whether I would have enough to link up with :D

    ReplyDelete