Sunday 9 November 2014

Crafty What Nots ~ Winter Wonderland!

Well I can finally reveal November gorgeous box!  Can you tell I like this one?  This months theme was Winter Wonderland and focussed around the beautiful papers  called Guilded Winter from first editions.  Here is a look inside the box.


Inside were 16 sheets of beautiful guilded or double sided papers, gold ink pad, Krafty Christmas snowflake stamps, ribbon, 20 bells, die cut snowflakes, doilies, cream buttons, snowflake embellishmnets, wooden tree embellishments, wire, twine, numbered discs, gold mirror card, gold tissue paper, cream card and some 5x5" cream card blanks with envelopes and a couple of pegs! Oh and two handmade gifts, a hanging heart and a decorated peg as well as a little personal card.

I had lots of fun making samples for the inspirations sheet!  Here is this months inspirations sheet.


The tutorials this month were to make a treat pouch advent calendar and a bell heart! There were so many other things that could have been made however and it is so great to see what people have been up to! 

As you can imagine I have bell heart and advent treat pouches all round the house already! (shame for them to go to waste after I had made them as samples!)   

I have been quite busy this week where I have found time!  I have been painting more story stones for a present (I can show you as she knows all about it!) 


Do you know where these characters are from???


I was also lucky enough to have pictures of my work in the letters page of Simply Handmade magazine, unfortunately they wrote completely the wrong Twitter account down from the one I sent the pictures from, But hey ho!  I was pleased!  I will be doing a tutorial for the really lovely surprise card you can see int he lower right (it is a card... honest!)  I was really please with these pieces as I only used their free stamps and white card! (Oh and a little ribbon and buttons!) All the colour and pattern was created using the stamps!


So what have you all been up to?  Have you got a busy week planned?

Off to visit Handmade harbour now so do pop by to say hi!  There are always such lovely blogs there!

xxx



6 comments:

  1. You have created some fascinating inspirational ideas, I love the little advent pouches. I'll guess at Wind in the Willows for the first stone but can't work out the second one :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good guess, But they are both from 'Room on the Broom!' Wind in the willows would be fab ones to do! xx

      Delete
  2. What a box of treasures! I can tell you've had lots of fun coming up with some fantastic example makes :) Congratulations on the magazine feature too! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Room on the Broom is one of our favourite stories too, the Crafty What Nots box looks very exciting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it's always been one of mine too! My littlest is still a little bit small (she always chooses pages at random to read which makes it very frustrating!) My eldest grew up with it and was always torn between that and the Gruffalo as a fav! xx

      Delete